We provide coordination and support for this group, established in 2013.
The Wailife Action group collaborate on projects aimed at reducing the incidence of suicide in our district.
Meetings are held bi-monthly in February, April, June, August, October, and December on the second Wednesday of the month.
The group’s activities include;
- Promoting wellbeing related events
- Supporting evidence based practice in suicide prevention
- Providing and promoting education to increase professional capability and the communities ability to respond to people in crisis
- Reducing stigma associated with mental illness
Partners in the Wailife Suicide Prevention Action Group are;
- Oxford Community Trust
- Comcare Trust
- Social Services Waimakariri
- Presbyterian Support
- Waves – Bereaved by Suicide Programme
- Pegasus Health
- North Canterbury Rural Support Trust
- Rangiora High School Guidance Team
- Community Representatives
- Community Wellbeing North Canterbury
- Waimakariri District Council
AEIOU Suicide Prevention Talk for Community Groups
If you’re interested in our community group talks or have questions about any of the above, contact Nicola Trolove on 0800 965 468 or at email@example.com