The Council adopted the Woodend Pegasus Area Strategy on 8 October 2013. The community had the opportunity to comment on a draft Strategy in July/August 2013.
The Strategy identifies four key themes and a number of strategic directions:
- State Highway 1 Woodend Bypass
- The entrance to Pegasus from State Highway 1
- Woodend/Pegasus links
- Upgrading Gladstone Road
- Connectivity of Ravenswood
- Changes to Preeces and Kaiapoi Pa Roads
- Cycling in the Woodend Pegasus area
- Advocating for good public transport.
- Complementing business clusters
- Strengthening Woodend town centre
- Town centre road reserve
- Town centre identity and sense of arrival
- Town centre focal point
- Design guidance for Woodend town centre
- Increasing business stock.
- Fostering community infrastructure
- Liaising with local schools
- Providing community facilities.
- Developing Gladstone Park
- Providing green space in Woodend
- Planning for green space in Ravenswood
- Considering the future of the conservation areas.
Woodend Pegasus Area Strategy
The Woodend Pegasus Area Strategy provides the framework for the future of the Woodend Pegasus area.
To learn more about the background documents and information that informed this strategy please contact the Business and Centres team via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0800 965 468 (0800 WMK GOV).