The sale, supply and consumption of alcohol should be undertaken safely and responsibly. If you want to sell and supply alcohol, you must hold a current alcohol licence.
Find out from the info below about the different types of licences, including how to apply, renew, or change an existing licence.
Local Alcohol Policy
The Local Alcohol Policy (LAP) came into effect on 13 March 2019. The LAP covers the maximum trading hours for on licences, off licences, club licences and special licences. It also includes controls on the location of new off licence premises.
Alcohol Ban Areas
The district has a number of alcohol control areas. The Waimakariri District Alcohol Control Bylaw 2018 includes information on the alcohol control areas as well as the maps.
Seasonal alcohol control areas:
- Guidance: Extended trading hours for the Rugby World Cup 2023
- Rugby World Cup 2023 game details
- Display notice template 2023
- Factsheet for licensees: Extended trading hours for the Rugby World Cup 2023
- Licensee notification Rugby World Cup 2023
- Rugby World Cup 2023 flowchart template
- Customer platform user guide