Online Services

We have a variety of services available that you can do online.

Go straight to our eServices website if you want to view property and land information, lodge a service request, pay your rates or view the status of a building consent, or choose from one of the online services below. If you have registered to view your own information, go to eServices login.

Can't log in?  Help for you to sign up  - use the left hand menu to register fro user registration and business registration.

Register for eServices

If you are a resident in the Waimakariri District, you may register for our eServices. Registering for eServices will allow you access to your own information. Corporate customers and solicitors can also register.

On our eServices website anyone can view property and land information, including valuation and current rates, lodge and review service requests and view the status of a building consent.

When you are registered you can also:

  • view your current rates payments and balance
  • view and update your contact details held by the Council.

Registration is a two-step process.

  1. If you are an individual or property owner, fill out the User Registration form. If your property is in the name of a company or trust, or you are a corporate customer, use the Business Registration form. If you tick 'I'm a Property Owner', you will need to enter your valuation number (from your rates invoice) in the box that comes up. Once you have registered, you will receive an email stating that your registration has been received and will be reviewed.
  2. You will receive a further email letting you know that your registration has been completed. This may take a couple of working days to be received. This email will contain your username and password. The first time you login you will be asked to change this password. Once the password has been changed, you will be required to login with your new password.

Login to eServices.

Can't log in?

Help for you to sign up  - use the left hand menu to register fro user registration and business registration.

Electronic building consent registration

You can register to receive and submit your building consents electronically.

At this stage electronic building consent applications are intended for architects, builders and other regular users.

Register to submit building consents electronically.

Please note that this is a registration to join the sharefile network only.  Access to sharefile is then through your usual internet search engine, we recommend using Chrome

Rates and property search

View rates, property and valuation information on residential and commercial properties in the Waimakariri district. 

If you want to know the rating valuation or rates payable on a property, you can search our rating database by valuation number or address.  

Go to the Rating search.

Cemeteries search

Our new online cemetery search now has a map showing the plot location.

You can access burial and cremation records for Council-owned cemeteries in Rangiora, Kaiapoi, Oxford, Cust/West Eyreton and Birch Hill.

The information available is sourced from historic Council records and while we have made every effort to ensure its accuracy, we are aware that there may be errors and omissions.

If you find records that are incomplete or not correct, please let us know by emailing or phone us on  03 311 8900 so that we can update our database.

Go to the Cemeteries search.

Building consent search

Search the status of building consent applications. 

You can search the status of your own building consent, or others that are of interest to you if you know the building consent number. 

Go to the Building consent search

Service request

If you would like to report an issue, or need something fixed or attended to, you can lodge a service request.

You can also track the progress of a service request once it has been lodged. 

If your request is urgent (e.g. excessive noise or flooding) and it is outside of office hours, please phone 03 311 8900 (toll-free from Christchurch 03 327 6834).

Service requests can be lodged for the following categories: cemeteries, dog complaints, drains, footpaths, litter/rubbish, parks, public water supplies, roads and streets, rubbish/recycling collections, sewer, signs, trees, vandalism/graffiti and water races. For anything else email

Report an issue or request a service

Alternatively, if you have a smartphone, you can lodge a service request by using the Snap Send Solve app.

Snap Send Solve

Screenshot of Snap Send SolveSnap Send Solve is a smartphone app to help make reporting issues easy.

If you spot something in our district such as a pothole, vandalism, litter or damaged footpath, you can report it instantly to the Waimakariri District Council from a mobile phone.

The app works by identifying the location the photo is taken using the phone's GPS data. It sends an email to the Council from the user's email address, including the incident type, notes, address of incident, photo and the user's contact details. The report is then allocated to the relevant Council department. The more information provided, the better we can help isolate and investigate the issue.

How does it work?

  1. Tap Start to file a report
  2. Snap a photo
  3. Choose an incident type
  4. Include your details
  5. Tap Send while you are on-site to get the correct GPS location
  6. Council receives an email with your report and a service request is generated.

How much will Snap Send Solve the Council cost me?

The Snap Send Solve app will communicate with the data centre to obtain the correct council information and will then send an email to the Council.

This communication may incur internet data charges or may come out of your data package allowance.

Is there a potential for messages to be delayed?

The Snap Send Solve the Council system is reliant upon the internet email systems. Delays in the delivery of email messages may occur but this is beyond the control of the Council. If your issue is urgent, you should ring the relevant emergency service provider or phone Council's Customer Services on 03 311 8900.

How do I get it?

Download the app onto your phone and start reporting.

Report to Council with your phoneDownload:  Apple |  Android

or visit the Play Store (Android) or the App Store (Apple) on your smartphone and search for 'Snap Send Solve' to download the app.

Issues can still be reported by filling out an online service request, emailing, calling us on 0800 965 468, or visiting one of our service centres.

Snap Send Solve web app

Snap Send Solve is now available as a web app to people who don't have the iOS or Android app installed on a smartphone. The web app is designed for multiple platforms, including iOS and Android devices and PCs using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer. To use the web app, go to and start reporting.

Note: Issues reported using Snap Send Solve can only be attended to during normal office hours. If you have an urgent request outside of office hours, phone 0800 965 468.

Contact us

One of the easiest ways to contact our Customer Services team is to use our Contact form.

The Customer Services email is only monitored during Rangiora office hours. If you have an urgent request outside of office hours, phone 03 311 8900 (toll-free from Christchurch 03 327 6834).

Contact Customer Services.

Apply for a job

You can apply for any of our vacant positions with our online job application form. Simply fill out the form, upload your covering letter and CV and submit it. 

Apply for a job.

Pay rates online

Secure online credit card payments using Visa or MasterCard can be made through our eServices website.

A convenience fee of 2.34% of the amount paid applies for all payments made using this method - Waimakariri District Council does not receive any of this fee. Please have your Valuation Number handy (on your Rates bill) and your credit card number.

For other methods of paying rates, please see our Paying your rates page.

Pay Your Rates Online.

Solicitor Rates Settlement Enquiry

Solicitor Rates Settlement Enquiry

Solicitor Rates Settlement Enquiries are submitted through the Waimakariri District Council’s online user portal ’eServices’.  Please log in here.

If you do not currently have an eServices account please register here.

Official information request

Anyone can request information held by the Council under the Local Government Official Information and Meetings Act 1987. The information requested must be made available, unless there is a good reason under the Act for withholding it.

If you would like more information on making an Official information request, please go to our Official information requests page.

If you would like to submit a request online, use our Official information request form