What is a Long Term Plan?
The Long Term Plan sets our direction as a council and establishes the work we will deliver to the community over the next 10 years, as well as setting out how that work will be funded, such as the setting of rates. It is reviewed every three years.
A Long Term Plan:
- describes community outcomes for the district
- describes the activities of the Council
- sets out a long term focus for the decisions and activities of the Council
- provides for integrated decision-making and coordination of Council resources
- provides a basis for accountability to the community.
How is This Different From an Annual Plan?
The Annual Plan focuses on year-to-year budgets. Councils prepare an Annual Plan in each of the two years between LTP reviews, and set out in them what the council plans to do in the next 12 months to move towards achieving its goals
Current Long Term Plan
The Long Term Plan 2021-2031 was adopted by Council on Tuesday 22 June 2021. It is available in eBook or PDF format. Printed copies are available at Council service centres and libraries.