The Council adopted the Oxford Town Centre Strategy on 5 August 2014.
The development of the Strategy was overseen by the Oxford-Eyre Ward Advisory Board and sets out a vision, key themes that contribute towards achieving the vision, and specific strategic directions that help to secure the future of this centre.
In summary, the three themes and strategic directions are:
Business and built environment
- Protecting character: design guidance for Oxford town centre
- Providing for growth: town centre business land
- Increasing business stock
Access to and within
- Enhancing Main Street environment
- Providing parking opportunities
- Maintaining a safe and effective transport network
Facilities and open spaces
- Developing Pearson Park
- Linking Main Street: a continuous frontage
- Providing community facilities
Implementation planning is underway. Stay updated with progress by keeping your eye on this page, including research and resources added below.
Oxford Town Centre Strategy
The Oxford Town Centre Strategy is a document that provides a decision making framework that will be used to make positive changes to the Oxford town centre now and into the future.
To learn more about the background documents and information that informed this strategy please contact the Business and Centres team via firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0800 965 468 (0800 WMK GOV).