A general overview of the Regeneration project.
The Waimakariri Residential Red Zone Recovery Plan contains proposed land uses and activities for the five regeneration areas in Kaiapoi, The Pines Beach and Kairaki, including new parks and reserves, walking and cycling tracks, BMX track, a dog park, provision for heritage and mahinga kai activities, mixed business use areas, roads and infrastructure sites, and rural activities.
The first steps of putting the Recovery Plan in to action are underway. Here's an overview of what happened in 2017;
During 2018 we're aiming to;
- complete the land divestment process (land transfer from LINZ to Council)
- construct the new road link in Kaiapoi East and repair and rebuild roads in Kaiapoi South
- develop the Kaiapoi Reserves Master Plan
- construct the Riverview terraces, boardwalk and floating pontoons
- complete 'enabling works' in Kaiapoi East i.e site clearances, decommissioning of roads and utilities, and earthworks.
This is our timeline for projects through to 2020;
Get Involved, Stay Informed
We’ll be inviting the community to be involved in the design and planning of the regeneration areas, particularly the proposed new green spaces.
Sign up for the latest news and find out what’s happening.
You can also contact us to find out more:
Phone: 0800 965 468 (0800WMKGOV)