Engineering Code of Practice
The Waimakariri District Council’s Engineering Code of Practice provides controls to ensure that all infrastructure created is, and will remain, fit for the intended life of the asset.
The document sets out guidelines for developers and contractors to assist them in complying with the WDC District Plan, bylaws, policies and consents.
These documents are kept up to date with amendments as they occur. The latest issue of the complete document is May 2016 (two additional Standard Drawings).
Users of this publication are welcome to copy parts of it for their own use, providing that appropriate acknowledgement of the source is made.
Download the Engineering Code of Practice - full document (pdf, 15.6 MB) or download the individual sections and standard specifications.
- Table of contents (pdf 197.6 KB)
- Part 1 - Introduction (pdf 98.8 KB)
- Part 2 - General requirements (pdf 288.0 KB)
- Part 3 - Quality assurance (pdf 442.3 KB)
- Part 4 - Geotechnical requirements (pdf 195.8 KB)
- Part 5 - Stormwater and land drainage (pdf 243.8 KB)
- Part 6 - Wastewater (pdf 284.6 KB)
- Part 7 - Water supply (pdf 545.5 KB)
- Part 8 - Roading (pdf 571.9 KB)
- Part 9 - Utilities (pdf 115.2 KB)
- Part 10 - Reserves, streetscapes and open spaces (pdf 960.2 KB)
- Part 11 - Lighting (pdf 193.1 KB)
- Part 12 - As-builts (pdf 219.5 KB)
- Associated documents (pdf 272.3 KB)
- Standard drawings (pdf 13.9 MB)