The Kaiapoi Town Centre Plan was developed by the Waimakariri District Council with the input of specialist urban design, market, transport, geotechnical and flooding experts. It draws from technical reports and background information, including those used to develop the 2011 Plan and the award-winning Waimakariri Residential Red Zone Recovery Plan 2016. It also includes revisions as a result of submissions and feedback received during the public consultation in August 2018.
The Draft Kaiapoi Town Centre Plan and Consultation Document were released for public consultation over August 2018. Following feedback, the Plan was revised and adopted by the council in November 2018.
These reports have helped inform the development of the Draft Kaiapoi Town Centre Plan.
- Geotechnical & Flooding Report (pdf 5.5mb) Tonkin + Taylor - August 2018
- Commuter Rail Facility Site Review of Hilton Street (pdf 0.6mb) Abley - November 2017
- Kaiapoi Mixed-Use Parking Assessment (pdf 0.5mb) Abley - March 2018
- Property Economics Technical Report (pdf 7.1mb) CBRE Ltd - May 2018
- Transport Technical Report (pdf 2.6mb) Abley - October 2017
- Urban Design Technical Report (pdf 7.9mb) Boffa Miskell - July 2018
- Waimakariri Retail Market Assesment (pdf 8.7mb) Property Economics - December 2016
- Waimakariri Residential Red Zone Recovery Plan 2016 (pdf 2.0mb)
- Waimakariri Residential Red Zone Recovery Plan Web Page (web link)
- New Directions Kaiapoi Town Centre Plan 2011 (pdf 2.1mb)
- WDC Customer Satisfaction Survey 2016 (pdf 15.9mb)
- Kaiapoi Town Centre Community Street Review 2009 (pdf 2.2mb)
- Kaiapoi Marine Precinct Plan (web link)
- Our District, Our Future Waimakariri 2048 District Development Strategy - July 2018 (web link)
- Waimakariri District Plan (web link)
- Waimakariri District Council Long Term Plan 2018-2028 (web link)
- Government Policy Statement On Land Transport - 2018 (pdf 3.3mb)
- Draft Government Policy Statement On Land Transport - 2018 (pdf 6.3mb)