Long Term Plan
The Local Government Act 2002 introduced the requirement that councils must have a Long Term Plan which is a comprehensive statement of the Council's intentions for the next 10 years.
What is a Long Term Plan?
A Long Term Plan:
- describes Community Outcomes for the district
- describes the activities of the Council
- sets out a long term focus for the decisions and activities of the Council
- provides for integrated decision-making and coordination of Council resources
- provides a basis for accountability to the community.
The Long Term Plan 2018-2028 was adopted by Council on Tuesday 19 June 2018. It is available in eBook or PDF format. The Infrastructure Strategy 2018 and Financial Strategy are included in the Long Term Plan and can also be accessed as separate documents. Printed copies of the Long Term Plan 2018-2028 are available at Council service centres and libraries.
- Long Term Plan 2018-2028 (5.2 MB)
- Waimakariri District Council Infrastructure Strategy 2048 (5.4 MB)
- Waimakariri District Council Financial Strategy 2018 - 2028 (2.3 MB)
Previous Long Term Plans
- Long Term Plan 2015-2025 (10.4 MB)
- Ten Year Plan 2012-2022 (4.0 MB)
- Ten Year Plan 2009-2019 volume 1 (1.6 MB)
- Ten Year Plan 2009-2019 volume 2 (463.8 KB)
- Ten Year Plan 2009-2019 volume 3 (904.5 KB)
- Ten Year Plan 2009-2019 volume 4 (2.5 MB)
- Long Term Council Community Plan 2006-2016 volume 1 (690.4 KB)
- Long Term Council Community Plan 2006-2016 volume 2 (359.8 KB)
- Long Term Council Community Plan 2006-2016 volume 3 (1.1 MB)
- Long Term Council Community Plan 2006-2016 volume 4 (1.4 MB)