Fire Hazards

How do I report a fire hazard?

Councils no longer have the jurisdiction to deal with fire hazards. On 1 July 2017 the Fire and Emergency New Zealand (FENZ) Act 2017 came into force. This means that all rural and urban fire functions transferred over from local Councils and are now managed by FENZ. i.e. overgrown sections that you think may be a fire hazard should be reported to FENZ rather than Council.

Please call Fire and Emergency NZ on 0800 366 0942 or visit the Fire Emergency New Zealand website to report the issue.