Works are ongoing on King Street as part of Stage 8 of the Rangiora Wastewater Upgrade project.
From 28 January, we will be closing the roundabout at Kings Street/ High Street overnight each night for a period of two weeks. Please follow the signage/ detours in place.
Following this we will close the southbound lane along Kings Street between High Street and Blackett Street for 24 hours.
We appreciate your patience while we complete this critical infrastructure upgrade and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
This work is proposed to take place between the of dates with the following traffic impact:
- King St High St intersection - 28 Jan - 11 March, High St Closed between King St and Durham St, King St No Access to High St from Blackett St between the hours of 7pm and 6am nightly.
- King St between Blackett St and High St - 14 Feb - 11 March. This will result in No Access to King St from Blackett St during this period 24 hours a day.
- NEW UPDATE: The roundabout at King Street/High Street will be closed between 7pm to 6am from Sunday 25 February to Saturday 2 March. The roundabout will be open during the day.
- NEW UPDATE: There will be additional nighttime roundabout closures in March. Specific dates are coming soon.
During these works some issues may be experienced,
- Works causing noise and vibrations at times (this will be kept to a minimum where possible).
- King Street will only be accessible from either High Street or Blackett Street, there is a detour in place for both. This will be in place 24 hours.
- Parking restrictions will be in place.
- Detour routes will be sign posted for these works.
Any restrictions put in place will apply to all vehicle traffic except for emergency service vehicles.