A Land Information Memorandum (LIM) is a document containing information that the Council holds about a property.
- Please see the 'LIM Application Form' under related information on this page
- Open the file and complete all applicable areas, except for the LIM number box in the top right
- Email the attachment to the address on the form (this does not need to be printed)
An invoice with payment instructions will be sent to your inbox once received.
Information Included in a LIM
- Building permits, consents and code compliance certificates
- Protected buildings and trees, historic buildings
- Planning information, e.g. resource consent planning zones
- Resource consents issued on neighbouring properties
- Any special characteristics of the land or buildings
- Any requisitions issued by the Council within the property
- Water, sewer, stormwater and drainage plans
- Drainage information relating to sewer and/or stormwater
- Building warrant of fitness
- Swimming pool certificates
- Service requests
- ECan resource consents will only be included if this Council has a copy.
Environment Canterbury Land Information Request
Environment Canterbury also has information on properties in the Waimakariri District. This could include information on resource consents, wells, groundwater, pest enforcement, contaminated sites etc.
Consideration should be given to applying for a Land Information Request from Environment Canterbury at the same time you are applying for a LIM.
For more information about an Environment Canterbury Land Information Request please call ECan on 0800 324 636 or visit the Environment Canterbury website.