Farm building

Do I need a building consent? 

A building consent is required before building a farm building if it:

  • Is larger than 10 square metres, or
  • Will be closer than its own height away from either the boundary or a residential accommodation building.

What information is needed?

Specific information to include in a building consent application for a farm building:

  • Site plan with the location of the farm building and associated buildings
  • Shed construction details and elevations (i.e. timber or steel, footings, pole holes, cladding and roofing)
  • Stormwater disposal details
  • Engineered design details (farm building designs are generally outside the scope of NZS3604).