Leaky buildings

Concerned about weathertightness?

If you have concerns about the weathertightness of individual properties you should seek advice from an accredited building adviser or a registered engineer.

Other organisations that can provide further information on the weathertightness issue include Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, Building Research Association of NZ, New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors and Consumers' Institute

Looking at buying a house or unit?

It is recommended that you have a competent person carry out a property check prior to purchasing any dwelling. Lists of qualified people can be found on the New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors website and the Building Officials Institute of NZ website. It is also recommended that your house inspection is carried out to NZS 4306 2005.