The Waimakariri District Council Bylaws have been developed in response to the needs and concerns of our district and will continue to change over time.
Bylaws help to ensure our community is safe and healthy. They are a useful way to protect the environment, as well as protecting the public from nuisance and minimising the potential for offensive behaviour.
The Bylaw review schedule 2016/2017 (pdf, 81.1 KB) lists the review dates for our current bylaws.
- Commercial Charity Bylaw 2017 (pdf 416.9 KB)
- Dog Control Bylaw 2009 (pdf 75.5 KB)
- Fire Control Bylaw 2014 (pdf 1.3 MB)
- Liquor Ban Bylaw 2007 (pdf 1.5 MB)
- Northern Pegasus Bay Bylaw 2016 (pdf 19.8 MB)
- Parking Bylaw 2007 (pdf 148.6 KB)
- Parking Bylaw 2007 schedule of parking restrictions (pdf 263.6 KB)
- Signage Bylaw 2012 (pdf 45.9 KB)
- Skates and Skateboards Bylaw 2007 (pdf 60.9 KB)
- Solid Waste and Waste Handling Licensing Bylaw 2016 (pdf 3.9 MB)
- Speed Limit Register (pdf 7.5 MB)
- Speed Limit Bylaw 2009 (pdf 56.1 KB)
- Stockwater Race Bylaw 2007 (pdf 864.9 KB)
- Stock Movement Bylaw 2008 (pdf 311.0 KB)
- Stormwater Bylaw 2011 (pdf 696.7 KB)
- Vehicle Crossing Bylaw 2007 (pdf 84.9 KB)
- Wastewater Bylaw 2015 (pdf 3.0 MB)
- Water Supply Bylaw 2012 (pdf 2.0 MB)