Social Calendars Set to Sizzle with Neighbourhood BBQs
Friendship, family, fun and food feature high on all our wish lists during Christmas and the New Year. Waimakariri District Council’s Community Team are getting into the spirit of this special season by bringing together all of these things at a series of nine neighbourhood park BBQs.
The initiative is a way for residents and friends of the District to enjoy Mother Nature while grazing on a picnic, enjoying a BBQ sausage, and partaking in old-fashioned games and activities.
Waimakariri District Community Board Members will attend and look forward to the opportunity to mix and mingle with guests. Information about other activities, services and potential developments in the District will also be available.
Community Team Manager Tessa Sturley says of the free opportunity, “We are thrilled to be able to host opportunities like this that make the most of our beautiful natural environment. It gives families and people of all ages the chance to spend time in the company of people they care about, make new connections, and share in new ideas about the future of our special District.”
The Neighbourhood BBQs’ schedule is as follows with all events held between 5pm-7pm.
- Thursday 22 in Baker Park in Kaiapoi
- Thursday 29 at Panckhurst Reserve in Woodend
- Thursday 6 at Good Street Reserve in Rangiora
- Tuesday 12 at Bush Street Reserve in Rangiora
- Thursday 21 at Oakwood Park in Rangiora
- Thursday 7 at Owen Stalker Park in Woodend
- Thursday 14 at Moorcroft Reserve in Kaiapoi
- Thursday 21 at Sovereign Lakes in Kaiapoi
- Tuesday 2 in Tuahiwi Sports and Recreation Ground
Name: Tessa Sturley
Phone: 0800 965 468