Recyclable materials & reusable goods
Some recyclable materials and reusable goods are accepted at our transfer stations.
The following separated materials are accepted at no charge* at Oxford Transfer Station and Southbrook Resource Recovery Park:
- plastic - household plastic containers (all plastic types), supermarket carry bags
- glass bottles and jars
- aluminium cans and steel cans
- paper and cardboard
- tetrapak milk cartons
- metal (ferrous and non-ferrous)
- batteries (lead-acid, alkaline and rechargeable)
- waste oil
- energy saving bulbs
- fluorescent tubes
- e-scrap - computers, computer components, telephones, TVs and electronic goods. *Note: a charge will be made for most items of electronic waste, including old CRT monitors and TV sets. Please pay at the ReSale Store before dropping these items off
- child car seats - fee applies ($5 for residents of Waimakariri District, $20 for non-residents) Please pay at the ReSale Store before dropping these items off.
Recyclable expanded polystyrene foam is accepted at the Southbrook Resource Recovery Park only. Domestic loads (up to 1.4m3 or a smaller trailer or ute load) are accepted for free, but larger loads are charged over the weighbridge. Please see the Rubbish and recycling fees and charges page for more information.
The following reusable goods are accepted at the Southbrook Resource Recovery Park:
- clothing and shoes
- crockery and cutlery
- garden implements
- kitchen wares
- other household goods.
Reusable goods must be in good, saleable condition to be accepted for no charge at the Recycling and Recovery Centre.