LURP Actions 26 & 28
Action 26 directs the Waimakariri District Council to provide to the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery, by 6 December 2014, any changes to its district plan to the extent necessary to provide for the rebuilding of centres, including zoning that defines the extent of each key activity centre and implementation of comprehensive redevelopment plans for Rangiora and Kaiapoi town centres.
The following changes were proposed:
Key activity centres
- Introduce an objective, policies, rules, a definition and a map to provide for Key Activity Centres at Rangiora and Kaiapoi. No changes in regard to Woodend/Pegasus are proposed.
Comprehensive redevelopment plans
- Introduce an objective, policies, rules and Outline Development Plan to provide for a comprehensive redevelopment plan (precinct plan) within the Rangiora Business 1 Zone, specifically the land bound by Good, Blackett, Durham and High Streets. These changes have been informed by Action 28 and comments were sought on the combined response to Actions 26 and 28. A precinct plan was not proposed for the Kaiapoi town centre.
Action 28 enables the Waimakariri District Council to prepare and provide to the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery, by 6 December 2014, comprehensive precinct-based redevelopment plans, based on the adopted Town Centre Strategies for Kaiapoi and Rangiora to enable the recovery and rebuilding of the centres. A request by Waimakariri District Council may be made to the Minister for Canterbury Earthquake Recovery to use interventions under the CER Act to overcome barriers to addressing recovery and rebuilding issues that cannot be resolved through usual processes.
Written comments on Action 26 and 28 closed on 17 October 2014.
- LURP Action 26 - proposed amendments - key activity centres (pdf 34.9 KB)
- LURP Actions 26 and 28 - proposed amendments - north of High Street (pdf 46.5 KB)
- North of High St precinct plan (pdf 2.6 MB)
- LURP Actions 26 and 28 - collated comments on precinct plans (pdf 9.0 MB)
- LURP Action 26i and 26ii - operative notification (pdf 25.5 KB)
- Private plan 28 further submission (pdf 347.1 KB)
- Internet advert for notification Plan change RPC 028 (pdf 853.8 KB)