Youth Development Overview
The Waimakariri District Council is committed to the development and support of young people in our community.
Our Vision for the Waimakariri District
A community where all young people feel connected, encouraged and proud to be from North Canterbury. It is a community which values young people and works in partnership with them to create the very best outcomes.
We want our young people to be happy, vibrant and full of confidence. Our Waimakariri Youth Development Strategy outlines how the Council and community can invest in the development of our young people, so they feel valued and encouraged to stay and make positive contributions to the continued growth of the district.
Below are some of the most recent Youth Development documents for your information:
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - END OF YEAR REPORT 2018
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - ANNUAL REPORT 2016/17
- YOUTH DEVELOPMENT - ANNUAL REPORT 2016
Sam Redman, Youth Development Facilitator
Phone: 0800 965 468 | Mobile: 021 567 544
Visit: Rangiora Service Centre, 215 High Street, Rangiora
- North Canterbury Community College - Training and National Qualifications for ages 16-19
- ComCare - Mental health and addiction services for young people
- Wellbeing North Canterbury - Counselling and support services for families and communities
- Youth Service - supports young people aged 16 to 19 to engage in education, training, and work-based learning