Youth Council provides a mechanism whereby the needs and aspirations of young people can be bought to the attention of the Council and community and be translated into action.
Youth Council meets every month on the last Tuesday of the month.
Next meeting – 31st July 2018
Applications for Youth Council are now CLOSED.
- Identify and communicate to the District Council the interests and preferences of the youth of the Waimakariri in relation to:
- the content of the strategies, policies, plans and bylaws of the District Council,
- any matter that the Youth Council considers to be of particular interest or concern to the youth of the Waimakariri.
- Advise the Mayor, Council, Community Boards and Ward Advisory Boards, in relation to processes and mechanisms for engagement with young people in the Waimakariri District.
- Consider any regional issues raised by local young people.
- To engage with youth and the community through a range of platforms.
- To advocate and advance the Waimakariri Youth Development Strategy.