The Waimakariri District Council’s Engineering Code of Practice provides
controls to ensure that all infrastructure created is, and will remain, fit for
the intended life of the asset. The document sets out guidelines for developers
and contractors to assist them in complying with the WDC District Plan, bylaws,
policies and consents.
These documents are kept up to date with
amendments as they occur. The latest issue of the complete document is November 2013.
Hard copies of the Code of Practice are
available for viewing at Kaiapoi, Rangiora and Oxford Service Centres and at the
Rangiora Public Library.
Users of this publication are welcome to copy parts of it for their own
use, providing that appropriate acknowledgement of the source is made.
Any queries regarding the Engineering Code of Practice should be directed to the Technical Services Unit, preferably by email.
Engineering Code of Practice
- Cover and Table of Contents (pdf, 198 kB)
- Part 1 - Introduction (pdf, 99 kB)
- Part 2 - General Requirements (pdf, 289 kB)
- Part 3 - Quality Assurance (pdf, 443 kB)
- Part 4 - Geotechnical Requirements (pdf, 196 kB)
- Part 5 - Stormwater and Land Drainage (pdf, 244 kB)
- Part 6 - Wastewater (pdf, 285 kB)
- Part 7 - Water Supply (pdf, 546 kB)
- Part 8 - Roading (pdf, 572 kB)
- Part 9 - Utilities (pdf, 94 kB)
- Part 10 - Reserves, Streetscapes and Open Spaces (pdf, 961 kB)
- Part 11 - Lighting (pdf, 194 kB)
- Part 12 - As-builts (pdf, 220 kB)
- Associated Documents (pdf, 269 kB)
- Standard Drawings (pdf, 12.7 MB)