Being distracted whilst driving increases your chances of having a crash.
- Poor observation and inattention is a factor in 39% of injury crashes in the Waimakariri District
is easy to get distracted when you are driving. Things like music,
talking passengers, passing scenery and roadside advertising can all
divert your attention from your driving and the road.
Tips to Avoid Being Distracted Whilst Driving
- Ignore distractions and concentrate on your driving when you're behind the wheel
- Check well ahead and behind for any potential hazards
- Don't look away if you can see potential hazards
- Remember if you do look away from the road make sure you do not go off course
- Never take your eyes off the road for more than a few seconds.